Note: Dr. Haldar’s research direction changed several times. To efficiently document the information, the List of Publications section is developed emphasizing his changes in research direction. After listing prestigious lectures and nontechnical award winning papers, the publication section is presented in three parts: (1) original basic research where his leadership is universally acclaimed, (2) academic research on miscellaneous areas of the highest quality and (3) basic research in collaboration with industries providing solutions to real, practical complex problems. To document the intellectual significance and impact on the University's mission and evidence of national and/or international recognition and leadership, each area is then developed by identifying major invited international presentations, followed by books, edited books, book chapters, referred and conference papers, as appropriate. Technical reports are listed next followed by other invited presentations on different topics not cited before.
Prestigious lectures and nontechnical award winning papers
- Haldar, A., “Recent Trends & Challenges in Civil Engineering,” Polis University, Tirana, Albania, January 15, 2020.
- Haldar, A., “Structural Engineering in the New Millennium: Opportunities and Challenges,” Polis University, Tirana, Albania, January 15, 2020.
- Haldar, A., “Structural Health Monitoring: Past, Present and Future,” Keynote Lecture, Engineering Mechanics Institute and Probabilistic Mechanics and Reliability Conference, ASCE, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, May 25, 2016.
- Haldar, A., “Health Assessment of Civil Infrastructures,” Institute Lecture, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, April 7, 2016.
- Haldar, A., “Recent Trends & Challenges in Civil Engineering,” Keynote Lecture, International Conference on Recent Trends & Challenges in Civil Engineering (RTCCE-2014), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India, December 12-14, 2014.
- Haldar, A., “Disaster Mitigation,” Special Plenary Lecture as the Guest of Honor, International Conference on Disaster Mitigation, ICDM’14, Chennai, India, January 23, 2014.
- Haldar, A., “Time Domain Seismic Reliability Evaluation of Dynamic Systems Using a Hybrid Approach,” Centenary Seminar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, May 5, 2009 (the most famous institute for Graduate Studies in India).
- Haldar, A., “Past, Present, and Future of Structural Engineering,” 50th Birthday Celebration Lecture, University of Sonora, Mexico, September 8, 2008.
- Haldar, A., “Structural Engineering in The New Millennium: Opportunities and Challenges,” 150th Birthday Celebration Plenary Lecture, Bengal Engineering and Science University, India, January 12, 2007 (may be the second oldest civil engineering department in the world).
- Haldar, A., And Mehrabian, A., “Structural Engineering In The New Millennium: Opportunities And Challenges,” Structural Survey, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 279-301, 2008. (Highly Commended Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards For Excellence 2009).
- Haldar, A., "The Night the Computer Stole the Engineer's Brain," Civil Engineering Magazine, ASCE, February, pp. 68-70, 1983 (Third Prize Winner in the 1982 ASCE Essay Contest).